THIS CLASS IS ONLY OPEN TO LAW ENFORCEMENT IN BERGEN COUNTY
LIMIT: 2 OFFICERS PER DEPARTMENT ONLY
Course Title: The Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office will be conducting TASER USER training.
Course Location: Law and Public Safety Institute (Bergen County Police Academy), Mahwah, New Jersey
Course Date: January 23 - 24, 2023
Course Time: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
The course will cover the operation of the device, required proficiency and tests as well as User qualifications and Use of Force. The class will be two (2) days in duration. Students must attend both days.
To attend the course the following prerequisites MUST be met:
1. Your agency must have previously sent personnel, who successfully completed the TASER Instructor training, conducted by the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office in conjunction with AXON (TASER International).
2. A letter of request to attend must be sent to Prosecutor Musella requesting User training with listed names ONLY for requalification instructors and county-wide task force instructors. This should be sent by no later than 10 business days before the class start date.
3. Regular end users do not need approval from the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office.
4. All students must complete the Axon Online Training for their respective Taser and present that certificate on the first day of class.
5. All attending users are required to bring an agency issued TASER X2 or TASER 7 with inert cartridges, holster and three (3) live twenty-five (25) foot cartridges to the class. Devices, qualifying cartridges and associated equipment will not be provided.
For questions contact: Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Ryan Hill
PROGRAM COST: BERGEN COUNTY $0.00